We've made buying Highlandwear online easy:
Laura, our online Clan Chief is here to speak with you Monday - Friday, 10am - 5pm (GMT) instantly via our Live Chat facility or by emailing email@example.com.
You can speak with Laura before, during or after you place your order and she can answer any questions you may have. Once your order has been placed, Laura will contact you if any sizes or details do not look ‘standard’. With years of experience, Laura will make sure you receive the perfect Highlandwear garment.
Below, we have also listed answers to the most commonly asked questions we recieve:
How do I measure for a kilt or kilt jacket?
For a Kilt we only need 4 measurements.
- Your waist at its widest point
- Your seat, also at its widest point
- Your Kilt length – A measurement taken from the Hip bone to the middle of the knee
- Your overall height – This gives us a good Idea of what your Kilt length should be
Watch this video to learn how to determine your Jacket and Waistcoat size;
Kilt Measurements can be somewhat tricky to get right so once we receive your order an experienced member of staff will contact you regarding your measurements, just to check everything on our order sheet is as it should be.
Feel free to visit one of our shops if you would rather be measured by one of our highly trained staff members, we can also help with picking out tartans and any other queries you may have.
How do I choose my Tartan?
When buying a kilt or kilt package, you will have to choose what tartan you would like to wear. For many this is the hardest part of the process. There is such a huge selection available! It is totally acceptable to wear any tartan you wish these days, however it is also nice to have a story behind your choice so you can regale any interested parties with your celtic connections (fictional or otherwise).
We suggest you ask yourself the following questions in order to narrow down your choices...
- Are there any Clan tartans that I am linked to on either my mother or fathers side?
- Is there a regional tartan from an area I am affiliated with that I like the look of? Irish tartans are always linked to a County, so for example if you are from an Irish family you should find out what county your family was originally from.
- Are there any neutral tartans that catch your eye? There is a wide selection of neutral tartans available nowadays and it is always acceptable for anyone to wear these. Many of the designs have an interesting back story to them if you look hard enough.
- Are you purchasing your Kilt for your wedding? Does it go with the brides pre-approved colour palette? Make sure it doesn't clash!
Our Clan Tartan Finder will allow you so see a sample image of almost all of the tartans we offer and will be useful when making your choice. If you would like to see an actual sample of the material then feel free to drop into one of our shops. You could also get in touch with us online and we can arrange to post you a sample of any tartan you are interested in, to do this click here
What Happens Next?
Once your order has been placed, it normally takes 4-6 weeks to receive a kilt, kilt jacket or kilt package. Accessory orders can take a maximum of 10 working days depending on stock levels. We are contactable throughout this process so feel free to get in touch if you have any concerns.
When you receive your Kilt we suggest you try it on right away to make sure it fits you comfortably. If you have any problems or concerns please get in touch with us. We are happy to make any alterations that are necessary. We suggest that if you need your Kilt for a special event you order well in advance to allow for any possible alterations that may be required.
If all has gone well we would love to hear from you anyway. Send us photos of you in your new highland wear, post them to our facebook wall and we can add them to our customer gallery.
If there is anything else you would like to know please get in touch.
I look forward to hearing from you